LEAF & SNOW BUDDIES – FOR VOLUNTEERS
Snow Buddies give students and adult volunteers the opportunity to be matched with a senior, helping keep their driveway/pathway clear of snow and raking of leaves in the fall and spring. This assistance will help prevent falls. The Snow Buddies program is a great opportunity for students to gain volunteer experience, receive community service hours and help out in their community.
- Goal to match student or adult volunteers with seniors in immediate area
- Provide free snow removal of driveway and walkways to home including salting and raking of leaves in the fall and spring
- Helps prevent slips and falls and allows clients to get out in the winter
- Client provides shovel & salt
- Free service is based on availability of volunteers in immediate area
What’s in it for students:
- Community service hours
- Develop communication skills
- Build self-esteem
- Volunteer experience for résumé
- Reference from CSSN
- Make a difference in your community
- Have fun being active and helping someone
The Leaf & Snow Buddies program is also open to adult volunteers who wish to help out in their community. Please call us to see if we have a client in need of snow removal or raking of leaves in your area.
For more information about becoming a volunteer Leaf & Snow Buddies call Darlene at 905-682-3800 ext. 706 or my email email@example.com
To Download Student Application Form – Click Here
LEAF & SNOW BUDDIES FOR CLIENTS
If you are a senior or adult with disabilities living in the Niagara region and would like a Leaf & Snow Buddie volunteer to help with snow removal, please call Darlene at 905-682-3800 ext. 706 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clients under the age of 60 requires a doctor`s note.
- We cannot guarantee a volunteer will be available in your neighbourhood. Clients without a match will be placed on a waitlist.
APPLICATION FORMS CAN BE
EMAILED TO: DUPPER@CSSN.CA
FAXED TO: 905-682-2957
3-320 VANSICKLE RD
ST. CATHARINES, ON L2S 0B4
To Download Client Application Form – Click Here
(adults 60+ or adults with disabilities)
Snow Buddies Niagara CSSN Facebook Page
Seniors and adults with disabilities. Eligibility criteria differs for each service. Please check with coordinators for more details.
BECOMING A LEAF & SNOW BUDDIES CLIENT
- By telephone to your local community office.
- Basic intake information will be requested.
- Full address including postal code, date of birth, two emergency contact people with their names and phone numbers, billing address and other relevant information needed to provide a specific service.
Niagara and the surrounding area:
St. Catharines office at 905-682-3800 ext. 706 or by email email@example.com
CLIENT INTAKE FORM